A blog from a woman on a journey of discovery.

Please leave this blog if you are under 18 or easily offended.

Tuesday 7 December 2010

Swimming in the rain

Today I went swimming in the rain.

Not the gentle"kiss your eyes lashes, soft focus, run through a summer meadow with a book over your head, laughing gently "type of rain.

Not the steady drizzle of an autumn day rain, where everything is shrouded in a swirling mist, and slowly seems to soak through sort of rain.

No

I went swimming in hard arse rain, the "hurt your arms, give you bruises, freeze your brain, soak you instantly" sort of rain.

And it was bliss.....invigorating. enlivening, exhilarating, and absolutely freezing.

When I got back to my car, I put the heating on.

when I got home, I stripped and dropped my soaking clothes onto a cold floor, the clothes that were soaking from the mad dash "pool to car sort of soaking"). I made myself a hot chocolate, curled up in a blanket on a chair outside , watched the rain pour from a leaden sky, and drifted off to sleep................

I woke to find a small cat on my lap , and some watery rays of sun catching my feet.....................

Simple things.
(doesn't mean I have stopped pondering though!)





No comments:

Post a Comment