Following on from reading a "10 random things about me" post by Sir J (http://adominantcharacter.blogspot.com) I thought it would be an interesting exercise as to which 10 things appeared in my head if I did a similar post....so here goes.
1.When I was young, I would dream about running away and living in an abandoned barn, using straw as my bed, and waiting for the circus to come by so I could join.(I blame Enid Blyton myself). I never did, but I can juggle and ride a unicycle.
2. I can never decide which is my favourite animal; dolphin, whale or elephant. I love elephants, they smell and feel warm, they can be so gentle and strong, they look so wise. Dolphins just appeal to the free spirit in me, the leaping out of the water, full of joy, riding a wake wave...because they can. And whales....just wow.
I have had the privilege of being with all three of my favourites and still cant choose...I think I'll have three favourites.
3. My favourite breakfast is papaya, with passion fruit and lime juice on top.
4. I have lived in over 50 houses, that's more than one a year.
5. I hate the cold, but love to be out in the rain. The cold makes me cry and I will do anything to avoid getting cold. I wear bed socks even here, in 32C of bedtime heat.
6. I have traveled to Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia. I have been to the Arctic circle, the Equator, seen deserts and jungle, climbed a mountain stood on a volcano and a glacier,dived on beautiful reefs and swam off an sand bank in the middle of the ocean. I have been stopped more times than I care to remember by customs (I am "that" random person), been tested for drugs, explosives, and even once held at the end of a submachine gun by an evil looking customs man. I have been as far south as 31 degrees S, as far East as 153, but never been further West than 51 degrees West, and I have never been to the USA.
7. I love bananas...eaten straight from the plant, mashed with yoghurt, fried, warmed by the sun, ice cold...any how....... I love bananas.
8. As an adult I have had 14 cats and 1 dog. I loved my dog, but would never have another one, too hard to say goodbye if ever I had to again.
9.My favourite film is "The year of living dangerously"
10. I cry at the drop of a hat, sad things, happy things, any things. But I had two children with no pain relief, not from any misguided sense of anything, just because I didn't need it, but stub my toe and I'll howl like a baby, toothache and I will so....... weird.
Ha ha ,,,10 very random things.